Measure Z funds are distributed across several city departments. Three percent of the funds are held to audit and evaluate the programs funded by the measure, including management of the Oversight Commission. Another $2 million goes to the Oakland Fire Department each year. Of the remaining funds, 60% goes to the Oakland Police Department for the staffing of Community Resource Officers (CROs) and Community Resources Teams (CRTs). The remaining 40% goes to the Department of Violence Prevention (DVP).

Money spent on Measure Z strategies

The Department of Violence Prevention (DVP) addresses multiple strategy areas that work together to interrupt and prevent the cycle of violence.

Money spent on individual programs

Within each strategy, the DVP funds multiple programs run by different organizations in Oakland. Some programs address multiple strategies.